Today was a very interesting and helpful teaching and learning class. Roxanne came in to discuss aspects of Indigenous education and how to implement within classrooms in a way that is respectful and effective. This is obviously extremely important information to learn as I move forward with my career in teaching and as I go through my practicum. I found Roxanne’s presentation very engaging and beneficial. She is a wonderful speaker and introduced some crucial points regarding Indigenizing education. She taught us how to say hello in her language as well as some other things. She expressed to us the importance of making sure Aboriginal parents feel welcome and are a more integral part of the Education system. To do this you need to be creative and break down barriers. She told us the four steps that contribute to the welfare and development of all students. She also discussed 4 important parts to integrate into lesson planning these being belonging, mastery, independence, and generosity. These four things need to be evident in schools, classrooms and within students for them to succeed and despite their culture. Children need to feel that they belong, that are capable of learning and success. I can see the importance of this within the classroom I am doing my practicum in as well as within my own child. I want my students to feel the same way in a classroom as I would want my son to feel in his. I want students to feel they can succeed. Prior to Roxanne’s presentation the group presenting of the “Inquiry Model” presented. I found their presentation overall very engaging. I liked that they started their presentation with a skit. I also enjoyed their activity to demonstrate the model. They had a bag of candy pumpkins and asked us to come up with a hypothesis of how many candies are in the bag. This is a great model to use in classrooms because it encourages a personal quest for discovery and helps to develop critical thinking skills. It also can be used for all ages and within all subject areas. Overall, I found today’s class to be very insightful and helpful.