My name is Jazmine Storvold. I am a Bachelor of Education student and have been attending university at TRU for 6 years. I am a single mother to my 5-year-old son, and he is who inspires me everyday to follow my dreams, work hard and continue my education towards becoming a certified teacher. I grew up in a small town called 100 Mile house and relocated to Kamloops where I began my educational journey. I am a certified Education Assistant and completed the Education Assistant and Community Support Worker Program at TRU in 2014. Since then I have worked for school district #27 as Education Assistant and also as a Non-Certified TOC. I moved back to Kamloops when I was hired on as an on On-Call Education Assistant for school district #73. Since then I have been working as an EA and server while also still studying to become a teacher.
When I am not working or studying, I am enjoying time with my son, keeping active at the gym, snowboarding, spending time with friends, and enjoying life. I grew up with not much of an academic background, but you could always find me in various plays and musicals. Music is an important outlet for me and another passion I admire deeply. I never believed that I had the potential or could go to university based on the cards I had been dealt. It wasn’t until I realized that I oversee choosing what I do with those cards that I decided to pursue my dreams. I have worked various jobs that have involved assisting and helping children learn and realized that teaching was my true passion and what I wanted to pursue. It has taken me longer than expected to pursue my dreams, but I would not have it any other way. Each twist and turn have led me to exactly where and who I want to be including the hard times. I want to demonstrate to my son that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to when you believe in yourself and work hard. Life isn’t always kind to us, but it is from our hardest moments that we can truly learn the most. I know I am not done learning, and this is truly just the beginning for me and my family.